Learn how to make an incredible spicy vegan Mexican soup in just literally minutes!
LAY HO MA!! This recipe is going to be a lifesaver for the days where you just can’t be bothered. This spicy Mexican soup is fast, simple, and absolutely packed with flavour. Join me in this episode and learn how to make my version of a spicy vegan Mexican soup.
1/2 red onion
2 pieces garlic
1 scotch bonnet (optional! very spicy!)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 800ml can peeled tomatoes
1 can black beans
2 cups corn
6 cups water or vegetable stock (plus 1 tbsp pink salt if using water)
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp cane sugar
1 small bunch cilantro
few tortilla chips
1. Dice the red onion and garlic
2. Remove the seeds from the scotch bonnet and finely chop
3. Heat up a stock pot on medium high heat and add the olive oil
4. Add in the onions, garlic, and pepper followed by the dry spices
5. Give the pot a stir and add in the canned tomatoes (carefully!)
6. Use a spatula to break up the tomatoes
7. Add the beans, corn, and the water/veggie stock
8. Add the tomato paste and the cane sugar
9. Bring the soup to a boil, then its ready to serve
10. Top the soup with avocado cubes, fresh cilantro, and some crushed tortilla chips
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK + FREE E-BOOK HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching:
View original video by clicking here.