VEGAN BREAKFASTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Whether you want to lose weight on a vegan diet or are just looking for healthy vegan breakfast ideas, you’ll love these easy vegan breakfast recipes. Full recipes below
ORDER MY NEW COOKBOOK: The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes!
ORDER ON AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2EeFYx0!
MORE COOKBOOK INFO: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/blog/vegan-instant-pot-cookbook
For orders outside of North America: search on the Amazon page in your home country OR visit the Book Depository (which has free worldwide delivery):
*90+ delicious vegan recipes made in the Instant Pot*
*With tons of gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined-sugar-free options
Film & photography equipment used in this video: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/photography-gear
TOFU SCRAMBLE STUFFED SWEET POTATOES (serves 4)
*14 ounce block extra firm tofu, pressed and crumbled (instructions at 00:45)
*1 tbsp olive oil
*8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
*1 onion, diced
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*1 inch piece ginger, minced
*1 chili pepper, diced
*1 tsp paprika
*1 tsp cumin
*½ tsp turmeric
*⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
*1 tsp sea salt + black pepper to taste
*1 small head of kale, thinly sliced
*4 tbsp nutritional yeast https://amzn.to/2vToWSZ
*4 cooked sweet potatoes
*For serving: avocado and salsa
1. Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, 4-6 minutes. Then add the garlic, ginger and chili pepper and cook for another minute.
2. Add the crumbled tofu and sprinkle it with the paprika, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the spices are fragrant and the tofu is hot throughout.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the sliced kale and a 3-4 tablespoons water. Cover with a lid and steam until the kale softens, 4-6 minutes.
4. Stir in the nutritional yeast, check the seasonings, and add more salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another minute or two until heated through.
5. Scoop out a little flesh from the cooked sweet potatoes and serve the tofu scramble in the sweet potato boats. Top with avocado and salsa if desired.
FLAT BELLY GREEN SMOOTHIE (serves 1)
*1 cup almond milk
*2 cups baby spinach
*1 inch piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
*1 inch piece fresh turmeric, roughly chopped
*1 cup frozen pineapple
*2 tablespoons raw almonds
*¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
*1 tablespoon flaxseed meal https://amzn.to/2jbX43s
*1 tablespoon chia seeds https://amzn.to/2r2i14i
*1 tablespoon hemp seeds https://amzn.to/2vToRi9
1. Add all ingredients except for chia seeds and hemp seeds to a blender until smooth.
2. Top finished smoothie with chia seeds and hemp seeds.
GRAIN-FREE CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE (serves 1)
*1 small head of cauliflower
*1/2 large ripe banana
*½ cup coconut milk or cashew milk https://amzn.to/2HAKrtd
*Pinch of salt
*2 tbsp cocoa powder https://amzn.to/2HAzuI1 (or cacao powder)
*1-2 tsp pure maple syrup (optional)
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*⅛ tsp cloves
*1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*Toppings: berries and peanut butter
1. Cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Add to a food processor and pulse until the size of rice. Drain the cauliflower rice over a fine mesh sieve to remove excess water; otherwise, your porridge will be on the watery side.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the drained cauliflower rice, mashed banana, coconut milk, and salt, and bring to a simmer.
3. Then reduce heat and cover, stirring every few minutes until cauliflower is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup, spices and vanilla and mix well.
5. Once thickened to your liking, transfer to a bowl and top with berries and peanut butter.
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week! http://bit.ly/rainbowplantlife-subscribe
Learn more about veganism, healthy eating, food photography, and happiness.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS VEGAN RECIPES & INSPIRATION?
View original video by clicking here.