There are so many reasons to adopt a whole food vegan diet before, during, and after pregnancy!
• pre-eclampsia, breast milk, environmental contaminants https://www.pcrm.org/health/diets/vegdiets/vegetarian-foods-powerful-for-health
• type 1 diabetes https://www.pcrm.org/health/medNews/more-vegetables-for-mom-decreases-risk-of-diabetes
• morning sickness https://nutritionfacts.org/video/morning-sickness-may-protect-mother-and-child/
Dairy cows are exploited as mothers
• they are forcefully impregnated, and their young are most often stolen from them at birth — cows can only produce milk after having a baby, and dairy farmers keep them pregnant in order to keep the milk coming.
• of course, the calves are the ones who are supposed to drink the milk, so they have to be separated from their mothers at birth so as to not drink the profit. males often end up in the cruel veal industry, while females suffer the same fate as their mothers.
• Once a female cow is “spent”, or no longer able to produce milk she will most likely end up in a slaughter house. 20% of beef in the US comes from dairy cows https://www.agweb.com/article/dairy-cattle-beef-up-beef-industry-wyatt-bechtel/#.Vqlk9-qOQZc.facebook (beef industry website)
speaking of dairy cows….
• infertility risk https://www.pcrm.org/health/medNews/low-fat-dairy-products-linked-to-increased
• childhood asthma https://www.babymed.com/health-news/low-fat-yogurt-may-cause-asthma-and-hay-fever
• sex hormones https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524299/
• pregnant cows https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/milk-hormones-cancer-pregnant-cows-estrogen/
• early puberty, cancers https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-vegan-women-have-5x-fewer-twins/
• colic https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6823433
dairy consumption can reduce iron absorption
• mercury, PCBs and other toxins in fish https://www.pcrm.org/health/medNews/fish-intake-during-pregnancy-risk-for-childhood-obesity
• gestational diabetes http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/red-meat-consumption-and-an-increased-risk-of-gestational-diabetes/
• POPs (persistent organic pollutants) http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/85/1/012002
• cortisol, obesity https://nutritionfacts.org/video/animal-protein-pregnancy-and-childhood-obesity/
saturated fat leads to pregnancy sickness https://nutritionfacts.org/video/morning-sickness-may-protect-mother-and-child/
Thanks for watching!! Make sure to subscribe to my channel. New videos every week ️ @sweetpotatosoul
For great free vegan recipes and inspiration visit:
Keep in touch!!
View original video by clicking here.